Joys and Struggles of Being a Witness

This was e-mailed to me last week and it was TOO cute not to share. I guess that got my name from the LCMS website or something, but anyhow, it made my day! This is what I wrote back to them:

Dear Mason, Alex, Dylan, and Kasey,

Thank you for the letter--it made me smile! I'm glad you are praying for me, and I will pray for you and your class too.

I like being a witness because you have to learn to trust God, and that's something that's hard for me to do sometimes so it's good that I have lots of practice. My favorite part is making other people smile by giving them things like some toothpaste, or a blanket, or a toy from a Happy Meal, and then telling them about Jesus. Last week we gave almost 500 people new pairs of glasses and then some pastors that I work with helped share with them about the Bible. The biggest struggle of being a witness is that a lot of times I have to work in a place where it can be kind of dangerous. I have to be careful and help make sure that everyone I'm with is too, but most of all I have to trust that God will protect me. I don't know that I've been insulted exactly, but a lot of people have questioned why I do what I do since it can be dangerous sometimes and I could have gotten a job where I would make lots of money instead. My favorite city I've been to in Texas is El Paso, because it's the only city I've been to in Texas (unless you count stopping at a gas station)! I would like to visit Houston though, because 2 of my friends from high school live there now!

I hope you are having a wonderful week at school!

Blessings,
Erin Mackenzie

P.S. If you have a computer at your house or at school and you want to see some pictures of me and what I do, you can look at www.missionaryMAC.blogspot.com.

Comments