Getting ready for Thanksgiving

It's been more than a week since my last post, so I think it's time for a general update on my life. The title is pretty much what I've been up to lately. The annual Our Father Lutheran Church Alternative Thanksgiving group gets in on Wednesday night, so I have been conference calling with the leaders, scouting potential construction projects, mentally steeling myself for some of my most hectic days apart from June, July, and August, and the early part of next week will be filled with Lowe's, Sam's, and Wal-Mart runs. Thanksgiving 2009 was definitely a highlight of my year, so I'm really looking forward to being a part of it, border-style, for the 2nd time.

Other things on my brain that maybe you want to read about:
--I made some super-yummy chicken and dumplings a la Cracker Barrel last week. My grandma that I'm turning into used to make them but I never had. They turned out to be delicious and I can't wait to make some for my family when I go home for Christmas.
--I spent all day Thursday and Friday stuffing, tabbing, and labeling YLM newsletters (Christmas Catalog edition), so if you're on our mailing list watch for yours shortly!
--We had a fascinating discussion in Bible study today--I've been going to Chris's youth class--about refuting the claims people use to dispute Jesus' miracles. For instance, there are those who say Jesus walked on ice instead of water, or that no one was hungry when Jesus "fed" the 5000 so 5 loaves and 2 fish were plenty. I loved digging into the Word and using contextual clues to argue for Jesus' divinity!
--My goddaughter can say "nina" (affectionate term for godmother)! At least, I heard her say it a couple times, with prompting. I am so blessed that I get to see her everyday!
--I ordered a bunch of my Europe pictures from Walgreens yesterday (they were having a super-sale), so a new scrapbook will soon be underway...
--I am a little over halfway through the 4th Harry Potter book. After all the hype surrounding the premiere of Part 1 of the last movie, my new plan is to finish all the books and see all the movies by July 15, the release date of Part 2. Totally do-able. Then I'll go see the midnight premiere...my first idea was to go by myself, but maybe with a crowd since that is when the servant event from my home church will be here. Or maybe not the midnight premiere since we'll have to get up and work the next day...

OK off to a baby shower for Krysia and then to a service at Santisima Trinidad...just 'cus!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments