Ho-Humday Monday

I had a great weekend but today has just been ho-hum. I am currently listening to Christmas music though and I just scrapbooked for awhile, two of my favorite things in the world, so it is improving :) Saturday morning I finished up my Christmas shopping...I had a list and a plan and therefore did so with flying colors, in flip-flops mind you. Then I came home and wrapped presents (a few of mine and all of Chris's), another of my favorite things in the world. I understand that all the work I spend making them look beautiful with matching ribbon and tags is all going to be ripped off in a matter of a few seconds, but it makes me extremely happy nonetheless. My afternoon was dedicated to tortillas! This was the 2nd time I have made them without Blanca, and they turned out a little drier than last time for whatever reason. Oh well, they tasted fine and made the perfect accompaniament to the chiles rellenos Chris's recipe) I made on Sunday!

Chris and I invited Jeff, Frank, and Susannah (all fellow mission volunteers) over for dinner around 7, but I started roasting the chiles around 2. Actually Chris roasted the chiles because he said it would work better over the gas burners in the #6 kitchen versus in his oven, which was a little too close for comfort to an open flame for me. He also helped me peel them...but then I did the rest after a brief intermission to hit up a super sale at Michael's!

Today I hung out in the office til mid-afternoon (minus grocery shopping) but didn't accomplish very many things on my to-do list, which always makes me grumpy. I checked my e-mail first thing, and deleted most of them. It's just a slow season for servant events--NOT so for certain other YLM ministries/programs, like Mariachi San Pablo--so mainly I just putzed around. I HATE doing that since I always feel like there are things I SHOULD be doing, even if there's really nothing pressing that doesn't require waiting on someone else to do something first. If nothing else, Harry Potter #5 is the longest one yet and I'm only on page 200 something! My throat that's been bothering me for a couple days is probably part of my grumpiness too. Here are some of my goals for the rest of the week, which will hopefully be more like my weekend and less like today:

1. my December newsletter
2. Finish mailing Christmas cards/thank-you notes--I got my report from LCMS today ($5,773.91 left!) and I got a box of cards at Wal-Mart during my Christmas shopping extravaganza on Saturday, so my plan is to send them to the people who support me with pledges/recurring gifts, and use some more in lieu of my regular thank-you notes
3. find out the status of our photo contest prize winnings (a mission fair/Skype session with a missionary that we are hoping to use at St. John's, West Bend) so the people at LCMS don't think I forgot!
4. finish making party games for my sister's birthday sleepover
5. finish a super-secret project I'm working on for a friend of mine's wedding on 1/1/11 (several people actually know what it is, but I won't say in case she reads this)

Well I think the scrapbooking and Christmas music is working it's theraputic magic...plus it's time for dinner ("Grandma's" chicken), so that's all for now!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

tchrchill said…
Sounds pretty productive to me. And a lot of fun, too. Then, topped off by Grandma's chicken -- yum! Wish I were there! Blessings, Me