Eco-friendly Evangelism

It was a joyous day at Cordero de Dios yesterday; seven new members were confirmed!


I was floating on air all day for a different reason, though: my mango-bearing (he gave me 3 more this morning) botanical garden friend came to church with me! I'd been inviting him since before Easter. For weeks he'd say, "I'll call you," and then wouldn't, to the point that it became like the boy who cried "Wolf!" Imagine my surprise, then, when my iPhone screen lit up with "Octavio Peña" at 8:34 yesterday morning! Still dubious, I told him I'd swing by the garden around 10 to pick him up on my way. He called at 9:46 to let me know he was there and waiting!

Thanks to all who have been praying for Octavio. Don't stop! My excitement was tempered by the sobering thought that this small victory isn't an end in itself. Only the Sower knows which kind of soil yesterday's seed fell on. Moreover, Satan wants nothing less than to see Octavio among the next batch of confirmands and is undoubtedly going to up his game. Case in point: I'm out of town the next two Sundays, so...

Until next time, blessings!

Comments