Fit in February

I love working for an employer that cares holistically about me as an individual. LAC even has two nurses as a part of its regional team, both of whom serve on what we call the "Human Care Circle." 
Last month, I joined them and a few other missionary ladies (the same masterminds behind LAC's spirit weeks waaaaaay back in April and May) to plan "Fit February." Each week focused on a different aspect of health: physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional. We created a calendar of daily challenges like
Get at least 8 hours of sleep.
Tackle a long time to-do list item.
Say a new meal prayer.
Send a note of appreciation or thanks to someone.

Participation - by posting a photo in our regional WhatsApp group - in Monday's featured challenges merited entry into a drawing for one of two Amazon gift cards (which I did not win). I promised on Facebook that I'd share all four of mine after the fact, so here goes. 

Monday, February 1: Get at least 30 min. of cardio. 
Easy, peasy...and where else but at the botanical garden?


Monday, February 8: Treat yourself to a delectable indulgence. 
A leftover Superbowl cupcake courtesy of Courtney - evidently, the best part of the game if you're a Chiefs fan like her. I only watched the until the first commercial break. 


Monday, February 15: Listen to and/or sing a hymn or Christian song. 
We all know I do not sing, but "The King of Love My Shepherd Is" had been stuck in my head ever since making this my phone background, so I looked up a YouTube video. (P.S. Said background is a custom design by my friend and fellow missionary Lizz Warren. Find this month's here, along with links to her blog and etsy, Zazzle, and Facebook pages.)


Monday, February 22: Video chat with a friend or family member. 
For two busy people, Marco Polo is great! Look me up if you're a Marco Polo user, too. 


Until next time, blessings!

Comments