Like mother, like daughter

As promised, pictures of the last week, building Mariela's house with a group of youth from Roseville, MN (by the way they were AWESOME kids and I miss them already...I think the thing that impressed me most is that they all volunteered to pray before meals and such instead of giving their leader a bunch of blank stares):

Chris's "flat slab" happy dance--Mariela's husband and father poured it, and it was a thing of beauty!

The view from the roof, which is where I hung out basically all week.

The most precise rows of roofing discs I have ever seen in my life.

You think that's bad? Immediately after this picture was taken, Chris told them all that I was sad and needed a hug. I proceeded to climb down and return the favor. Then when we were done and everyone was climbing down, Chris accidentally touched someone's leg with a roller as they were being passed down. Let the tar wars begin! These girls were COVERED from head to toe...some of them still had tar on them at the airport yesterday!

So yeah, life is back to normal.

Old friends...I think somewhere there is a picture exactly like this from about 2006.

Tony, Mariela's incredibly hyper and talkative brother, and I. When my group built his mom's house, we gave him this book called, Te Quiero, Carita Sucia. Mariela told me, and he later proved by reciting the entire thing, that he still reads it!

Tony and his sister who looks exactly like him, Cristal Naomi. She is a new addition to the family since the last time I worked with them.

The crew plus the family. This was taken on THURSDAY AFTERNOON because we finished in 4 days!!! Friday we went to the market and the pool. The leader of this group extended a challenge to the leader of next week's group because they were roommates in college and they are doing the same thing! May the best man win.... ;)

Also wanted to let you know that St. Paul's has voted to include me in their chapel offering rotation again for next school year! I honestly couldn't be here right now if it weren't for all that the church and school have done for me. Right now I'm figuring out if and when it will work out for me to be able to lead a chapel service and/or assembly. Please pray that it does...I'm thinking early November in conjunction with the Servant Event Leadership Conference in Belleville. Also please pray for my sanity this week...there are 56 people here + another group of 50 that is eating and sleeping at UTEP but that we are providing projects for!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

tchrchill said…
Now that's an impressive group of kids -- and I know their leader had a lot to do with it! I'm glad you had such an awesome week! Good luck this week with the mobs!!

Carol (You know who's mom)