Bullet Points from the Past 2 Weeks

--The mission got a $2500 grant from Home Depot! Praise God (and way to go Development Director Chris)! We should tell Lowe's about this...

--Our first "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" volunteers have been fantastic! Two teenage boys did some odd jobs for Elvira, mainly in the warehouses, and a family of 6 picked up trash and helped with yardwork. It was a bit of a hassle for me to figure out how to verify their attendance so that they could actually get their free passes--THEY first had to actually "sign-up," which they received a link to via e-mail but they all just skimmed it too quickly and skipped that step--but after several obnoxious recordings I finally got to talk to a human who directed me to the correct FAQ so I could send the volunteers the link again!

--I am on the ballot for San Pablo's church council under secretary. I have mixed feelings about whether I want to win or not...elections are this upcoming Sunday, February 7, so I guess we'll find out then!

--I had LCMS send my my support-raising reports again about a week ago. Sixteen thank-you notes: check. Amount still needed = $16,165.12.

--I heard my goddaughter laugh for the first time last week and it was the most beautiful sound! I was quite possibly smiling bigger than she was. She was sitting on Chris's lap and I was covering her face with a piece of paper and she thought it was hysterical!

More on this week's servant event from Bella Vista, AR, soon. Right now it's bedtime, I am exhausted!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments