Office Space

A year later...I have an office! Apparently this is typical so I'm not offended, although it is nice to have a private, AIR CONDITIONED space with fewer distractions than my overstuffed chair, hammock, couch, or kitchen table. I'm sure I'll continue to make it my own, but there's one less blank wall as of today so I decided it was ready for its close-up. 

It's on the second floor of the "green office," the corner lot just across Calle Principal from my house and the "yellow office." The two buildings used to be segregated by national (green) and regional (yellow) staff, but we've done away with those distinctions in practice and are trying to amend how we refer to them, as well. While much of the DR team indeed works out of the green office, I'm joined by Lourdes, the distance instructor from LAC's in-house language institute, Regional Life Coordinator Jamielynn...and Skittles the cat!



The 2nd desk will become Courtney Zalmanoff's when she joins the field later THIS MONTH!




Luther's rose mola courtesy of the Kuna women in Sora, Panama. Frame courtesy of IKEA :)

My one complaint is the high-pitched beeping that is audible from my office but nowhere else in the building. It's some kind of alarm at a neighboring house that's been incessant for weeks now. Chinese water torture for the eardrums. I don't know how it's not driving any other neighbors berserk. Note to self: bring headphones. 

Until next time, blessings!

Comments