Making plans

I am sitting at my new desk in our freshly rearranged offices as I write this. It all happened while I was out of town. I actually moved next door to where I used to be, which has its pros and cons. It's noisier and I get interrupted far more often, but the activity level makes it more exciting and unpredictable, I am less enclosed than in my former corner cubicle, and I am right next to the copier.

I wanted to let you all know what my plan for the next few weeks is. I can actually make some firm plans now that I have a JOB!

Sunday 12/18-Monday 12/26: STL for Christmas
Tuesday 12/27-Sunday 1/1/12: work with a servant event from Mayer Lutheran High School
Tuesday 1/3 (8 weeks from today!), AM: begin my drive to STL
Wednesday 1/4: arrive in STL
Monday 1/9: start my job at CPH!

I believe either my mom or my dad is going to fly to ELP and drive back with me, the reverse of what my dad did in January 2009. I've also been researching how to take a road trip with a cat! I already have a carrier, which is a good thing, and I may invest in a harness so that Freddy can get out of the car briefly when we stop. Other than that, all the sites I looked at just recommended having small amounts of the cat's regular food and water (some said use ice cubes so as to avoid spills) available, and a mini litter box on the floor, although cats can apparently hold it for up to 12 hours with no ill effects. I guess next on my list is researching pet friendly hotels, or smuggling him in wherever we stop ;) Another option altogether would be paying $75 to fly him home on Southwest with me at Christmas, but I think I can avoid that with some planning ahead!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

Carol said…
Boy, it's been too long since I read your blog. Now I'm clear back here, catching up! I have a lot of reading to do, so look for new responses throughout. Traveling with a cat -- hmmm! Sounds a bit daunting, but then I think we're bringing Daisy when we come for the Mariachi Christmas.