Flying Solo

I'm supposed to be on a 13 hour road trip right now. So why is this my view?


Simply put,

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8)

I'm presenting at King of Glory Lutheran Church in Williamsburg, VA, tomorrow - home to my friend Marie, her husband Philip, and my 1-year old godson. My beautiful plan was to hitch a ride home with them today (they're from MO and have been visiting family for most of June), do my thing tomorrow, and spend a few days soaking up some early American history. Enter those thoughts and ways that aren't ours. Marie's grandpa is, it appears, close to being called home by his Heavenly Father, so they're not going anywhere for the time being. One last minute plane ticket later, here I sit in the Atlanta airport en route to Richmond where an equally last minute rental car awaits.

I'm still staying at Marie and Philip's apartment, but it's unlikely that I'll see them. I'm also on my own to see the sights. The next verse lends some reassurance:

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The Lord IS the King of Glory, so all I can do is trust His higher ways and thoughts, whatever they may mean for my petty earthly plans. 

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hang in there Kid. Your in our Prayers.

Jeff Leible