To and Fro-nha

I made a repeat trip to Perry County today! I was at Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg, MO, in April, but this time it was Concordia Lutheran Church in Frohna, MO, that had extended me an invitation to be the speaker for their Joint Mission Festival. It was "Joint" because Trinity did not hold services this morning; members were encouraged to attend Concordia. The reverse takes place in the fall.

I left around 6 am and arrived in plenty of time for 8 am Bible Class, which was held in the sanctuary, built in 1874 and featuring the original altar furnishings. Worship followed at 9 am. The fact that I'm a woman created a ~ unique ~ situation. Had the speaker been a missionary pastor, he would have preached the sermon. Unable to involve me in that way, the pastor prepared a beautiful service replete with Scripture readings, prayers, and hymns from the "MISSION AND WITNESS" portion of LSB* and then gave me 15-20 min to speak after the Benediction. I used that slot to share some of my favorite stories of God working in people's lives on the mission field. I enjoyed lunch - and great conversation - with the pastor and his family at a local tavern before making the drive home.

So. Many. Lutheran. Churches (and other historical sites). SO. CLOSE. TOGETHER. Two down...

Concordia Lutheran Church in Frohna, MO. 

Until next time, blessings!

*Perhaps my favorite moment from the morning was the closing "hymn," or rather, piece sung by the church choir: "Go Ye, Go Ye into the World." The pastor, who joined me in the front pew after giving the aforementioned Benediction, leaned over and whispered, "They're singing to you." I AM going, and I take comfort in the line that follows the title: "..and I will be with you there!"

Comments