Green Light Ga--

I was going to do a series of thermometer-style "Green Light Gauge" posts, tracking my progress toward the funding target required for deployment (75% of the average of FY1 & FY2).

The problem with that is I've already been green lighted! It's estimated that Career Missionaries will take 6-9 months to reach the mark. By the grace of God, it took me just 3 1/2 months.

So. Lutheran question. What does this mean?

1. I can apply for my visa. Thankfully, I had the foresight to bring all of the necessary documentation with me on my current trip, so it'll go out around 5 pm tonight from Williamsburg, VA, and arrive at the Dominican Consulate in Chicago by 3 pm tomorrow.



2. I can buy a plane ticket.

What does this NOT mean?

1. I HAVE a plane ticket. I'm still targeting late July or early August (in time for the LAC regional retreat, beginning August 6), but I do not yet have a deployment date.

2. I'm going to stop support raising. If you take a look at my calendar for the next few weeks, the opposite is actually true. Firstly, the green light comes when missionaries are still 25% shy of being fully funded. Secondly, network building is about more than just dollars. It's about the body of Christ in action. Inviting individuals and congregations along on this journey 1) educates them about the Church's work in another part of the world; and 2) enables them to exercise the gifts they've been given to glorify God. Those who cannot or don't wish to move abroad to tell the love of Christ can help send those who do have that calling with their prayers and monetary gifts, and by serving in other ways

Just for fun, here's some network building stats, as of this writing:
  • 5 cars rented
  • 7 states visited
  • 10 beds slept in (other than my own)
Until next time, blessings!

Comments

adelantegirl said…
Great news! Love following your journey!