Ready, Freddy?, Part II

Almost!

I thought I'd be moving to the DR with Freddy in tow. Instead, it's been almost 5 months since I've seen my feline friend. After considering all my options, #3 was the least risky and most economical and straightforward for everyone involved. My parents and sister arrive a week from today; Kara drew the short straw and gets to have him as her personal item.

He's at the vet as we speak. Dr. Kolaz's kindness has been a tremendous blessing; she's truly gone out of her way to make this move happen. Once he's been cleared, she'll fax his signed Certificate of Heath Examination for Small Animals form to the MO Department of Agriculture in Jefferson City to be sure everything is in order before one of my family members makes the 2-hour trip there to obtain the necessary certification.

And with that, he'll be ready! He has a ticket, a new, soft-sided carrier (his hard-sided one was 1/2 in. too tall to fit under the seats on American Airlines), and some calming pheromone pills. I'm certainly ready for him:


Pray that all travelers arrive safely; for two enjoyable weeks together; and for Freddy's ongoing transition to his new surroundings. Not surprisingly, I have a tentative itinerary laid out for my 2-legged family members & I. It includes leaving for a 5-night stay at a resort in Puerto Plata two days after they get here, but Freddy will be in the capable hands of Sem wife Alba & daughter Kaory.

Until next time, blessings!

Comments