Round 2

It dawned on me a few days ago that it's been a YEAR since my block scheduling experiment; round 1 of attempting to preserve eight non-work blocks of four waking hours each in a week was conducted during the first full week of October 2018. 

Aside from the fact that I have 365 more days on the mission field under my belt, at least three new factors are at play:
  1. Although I still work from home at times, I have an office
  2. There was a lengthy discussion about respecting "working hours" and days off at the August regional team meeting.
  3. I have a direct report, meaning I need to be all the more cognizant of setting a healthy work/life balance example. 
As I did last time, I'll use a spreadsheet on my refrigerator to track my progress:



And, also as I did last time, I'll keep a "diary." Check back in a week to see if I met my goal, what triumphs and failures I experienced, and what was going through my head through it all. 

Sneak peek: playoff baseball helped preserve the 2pm-6pm block as a non-work one today, but the Cardinals lost a tough NLDS game 3. I'm hoping they'll even the series tomorrow at 3 pm AST. 

Until next time, blessings!

Comments