Building Blocks

Next week is a "normal" week - as normal as a week can be on the mission field, anyway. I'm not involved with any short-term teams (although maybe it'd be "normal" if I was?), FOROs, or Venezuelan pastors' conferences (just wait).

So, I've decided to try an experiment.

Given my workaholic tendencies, it was suggested to me that I try a block scheduling technique to reduce the risk of burnout by ensuring adequate down time. The idea is to chunk each day (waking hours, anyway...sleep is nonnegotiable) into four blocks. That makes 28 per week, at least eight of which are to be preserved as non-work blocks. Work trumps all. If ANY work is done within a given block, it becomes a work block. If you're wondering, yes, blogging is work.

Since I'm me, I made a spreadsheet. I'll track how I do and report back in a week, along with some notes on my experiences.


I'm fairly certain I fail miserably at this regularly, so pray for me. Until next time, blessings!

Comments