If I Have a Free Morning, I Will Go

[Current location: St. Louis, MO]

My last post mentioned a pit stop. Ta-da! Field of Dreams! 

I love both the movie and the book it's based on and bleed red for my hometown Cardinals, so when I calculated that it only added about an hour to my drive from Davenport to Lisbon, it was a foregone conclusion that I'd swing (no pun intended) by. It was freezing - ok, 36°- so what you see below represents a grand total of maybe 20 minutes outdoors, including taking pictures of all the signage to read later. 


You can tour the farmhouse...starting in April.


The light stands in the distance illuminate the MLB field behind the one used in the movie. 

I ran the bases! And by ran I mean walked. 


On the whole, underwhelming. There's not that much to see, the only bathroom is a Porta-Potty, and the gift shop is mostly apparel. I considered visiting the If You Build It Experience in town (Dyersville), but it was also closed for the season. Nevertheless, 'twas a necessary pilgrimage for any bona fide baseball fan that doubled as "me" time in the middle of a hectic week - no regrets. Next on my list of Random Attractions to Visit During Network Building Trips to Iowa: the American Gothic House Center

Until next time, blessings in the risen Christ!

Comments