It's Still Early

[Current location: Davenport, IA]

Home service to-date has been an exercise in reminding myself it's a marathon, not a sprint. It's still early, and I can't burn myself out when I'm just getting started. 

I barely got out of bed the Monday after the Busiest Weekend Ever except to go have dinner with friends; Tuesday was wide open, so I surprised my Scrabble Club friends and had dinner with more friends. 

Longtime member Sally showed me a Scrabble dictionary she and some of the other mainstays had donated to the Brentwood Library, our meeting place, in memory of a former member who's playing with Jesus now. 

You'd think I'd be rested, but I woke up with a tinge of a sore throat and kind of wanting a nap on Wednesday. Instead, I led two chapel services and gave a Lenten dinner presentation. 

Object lesson during chapel at Christ Community Lutheran School (Webster campus, where my sister teaches 3rd grade). Talking with some of the staff, I mentioned I'd be at the "preschool campus" later that day. They asked which one - there's three! The answer, alas, was "Concordia."

Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Chesterfield, MO. I took questions while the gathered crowd enjoyed an "Italian" themed potluck, then joined them for a 7 pm Service of Light. 

I was feeling pretty awful by the time I got home, so I opted to take another rest day Thursday instead of going to the International Center for two meetings, an IT sesh, and a KFUO recording. None of that was do or die, I reasoned, but I needed to be at or close to 100% for Iowa. It was the right call, and my parents weren't mad that it meant I could put dinner in the Crock Pot. 

I had one last St. Louis-area obligation before hitting the road: Friday's Seminary Guild luncheon, featuring a presentation by January's DR mission team


I snuck out when the business meeting started and gassed up for a mom/daughter road trip to Mission Central. 

Until next time, blessings in Christ!

Comments