A Wholly Holy Week Blog

Pictures taken during Holy Week! A few random ones, then the foot-washing ceremony at our Maundy Thursday Service, then Santisima Trinidad's annual baptism/first communion celebration on Easter Sunday! Chris and I got to be "fairy godparents!"

Rosy and Pastor Martinez arrived ON TIME to Thursday's staff meeting, the first one I have been to for a long time because of servant events and being out of town. I promise you this picture is not faked!

Freddy frequently jumps onto the bathroom counter, but Thursday night he decided to get cozy!

Pastor Ruiz helped re-enact Jesus washing the disciples' feet at San Pablo's Maundy Thursday service, just as Jesus did 2000 years earlier on the same night.

The 12 disciples!

Baptism 1 out of 5.

Listening intently to whatever Pepe was saying.

The service took place before a packed house.

One of those baptized was this woman, and there was a teenaged boy too.


Ruby getting ready to take her first communion. I had to laugh because I guess she wasn't ready for the taste of the alcohol since she was gagging for the rest of the service!

Carlos (center) was baptized AND took his first communion. I didn't count, but I think there were around 11 or 12 first communicants.

Ruby and I.

Chris and I with Julia, our adopted goddaughter, and her mom. She approached us before the service and asked us if we would fill in as Julia's godparents since her real ones hadn't shown up. She was crying as she came and sat with us, but by the end of the service she was all smiles because she had the cool gringo godparents!

With Monica, another of the first communicants, and Pepe.

Getting ready to head to Milwaukee/Chicago today--next to my desk there is a huge pile of newsletters, T-shirts, CD's, brochures, flyers, etc to add to my suitcase. This afternoon I have a Development Committee meeting, tomorrow morning I have a dentist appointment, then we leave at 3:05 pm and arrive a little after midnight. If anyone in the area is free on Sunday evening, YLM will be the focus of a fundraiser dinner at St. John's Lutheran Church in West Bend, WI, from 5-7 pm. Chris is cooking Mexican food, and then we'll be giving a presentation and showing a promotional video. It's free too! I can send you a poster with the RSVP information, or you can let me know if you're interested in attending and I'll pass it along to the organizer.

Until next time, blessings!

Comments