And So It Begins!

Hola from Omaha! I set out on my first of many network building road trips yesterday morning. Thankfully, there were no delays of any kind and blue skies all the way!


My destination last night was Christ Lutheran Church in Nebraska City, Nebraska. First, I made one planned stop, to meet with the pastor at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Sedalia, MO (sorry - forgot to take a picture!), whose wife & I went to high school together, and one unplanned stop.

Not long after leaving Sedalia, I saw a billboard for Faith Lutheran Church in Knob Noster, MO, along US 50. Figuring it couldn't be more than 5 min. out of my way, I spontaneously veered off my route, used Google Maps to find the church, and...it was locked and no one was there! Not to be discouraged, I stuck one of my prayer cards in the door and emailed the pastor later :)

Then it was on to Nebraska City, former home of the Morton family (as in Morton Salt) and birthplace of Arbor Day. The pastor and his wife treated me to a hearty home cooked meal before Christ (in conjunction with St. Paul Lutheran Church in Weeping Water, NE, the other half of the pastor's dual parish) had the honor of hosting my first missionary presentation. Of course I immediately thought of numerous things I forgot to say and do, or could have explained better, but on the whole I was pleased. I stayed overnight at the parsonage before heading out this morning for Missouri Valley, IA, but I'll save that and the rest of my trip for a future post(s), since I need to get ready for a last-minute visit with the pastor at King of Kings Lutheran Church here in Omaha. I literally emailed him at 2:31 pm on a recommendation from a friend I hadn't seen in 7+ years and scored a meeting at 4:30 pm. Gotta love networking!

Christ Lutheran Church, Nebraska City, NE

Until next time, blessings!

Comments