Tri, Tri Again

I got home a little big ago from my second Tri-circuit meeting, this one comprised of churches in southeastern MO. It took place at a senior living facility in Cape Girardeau, about an hour and 45 min. drive from my house. 

The agenda consisted of an opening devo, part I of a keynote address on the 500th anniversary of the Heidelberg Disputation, my presentation, lunch, part II of the keynote, and a closing devo.


As the Circuit Visitor in charge introduced the keynote speaker, he lamented the fact that amid the hubbub of the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, the Heidelberg Disputation was completely overshadowed. I wasted no time in pointing out that a theological symposium bringing together the presidents of eight church bodies and the directors of three seminaries wrapped up yesterday in the Dominican Republic. The topic? You guessed it - the Heidelberg Disputation! Check it out on the LCMS Missions in Latin America & the Caribbean Facebook page. (If you've never heard of the Heidelberg Disputation, like I admittedly hadn't, read up on it here.)

I'm grateful to have been invited and thoroughly enjoyed sharing the who/what/why/when/where/how of my vocation with all those present. Anecdotally, I seem to have been well-received. I'm praying that the Lord will work through all of the connections I established or cemented, which He already is! One church inquired about possible short-term team opportunities and another invited me to present this Sunday - that's #missionarylife for you.

Until next time, blessings!

Comments