Happy Birthday Alejandra y Joana!

I hadn't been to Chuck E Cheese since I was like 9...until last week.

One of the best things about my job is the relationships I get to build with the people we work with. Like, a lot of the times I think about how cool it is that when groups have to say goodbye to the families whose homes they worked on or the kids who attended their VBS at the end of the week, I will probably see them again in a few days or weeks. The family that exemplifies this to a T is the Moraleses, whose trailer in Sparks we have worked on extensively--you might even recognize the name because I write about them on here ALL the time ;) Anyways, both 3 year old Alejandra and 13 year old Joana had birthdays in September, so Chris and I took them and the Viramonteses (YLM's office manager Elvira and her family who also live in Sparks; their daughter Camila is the same age as Alejandra) to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. Chris promised Alejandra that we would go not very long after we first befriended them, and I think she talked about "la pizza" EVERY time we saw them up until we actually went!

We wound up having a few more people than we bargained for join us...let's just say it was a good thing I brought the white van to go pick them up...but we learned our lesson and next time we'll say no when the people we're throwing the party for call the morning of and ask to bring "2" more people!

I made them a "special" joint birthday cake. I'll be honest and tell you that I accidentally added an extra cup of water to the batter, but I threw in some flour and a tiny bit of vanilla, and you couldn't even tell!

Alejandra blowing out her candles.

Then we re-lit them so Joana could blow hers out too!

We had some coupons that included tokens along with the pizza so everyone was able to play a few games...even Viviana (Chata's head is blocking her, but Chris is holding her on the back of the seat...I think she might have been the only one looking AT the screen b/c the other 2 were laughing too hard!)!

It was pretty obvious to Chris and I that everyone LOVED the whole evening, and it felt great knowing that we were able to give them an experience they NEVER would have been able to have on their own!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

tchrchill said…
Deja vu! I just read Chris' blogs first. I think he might have done a lot more "cut and paste" than changing/adding/editing! It's nice to see two sides to the Cards-Rockies series pics, though! :-)

And now we're all home for Rocktober and all sad!!!!! I so wanted to see the cards in the champtionships!
tchrchill said…
Oops, the other comment should have gone with the next post! The birthday party looks like a lot of fun -- and a VERY SPECIAL night for the girls and their families!