Mission Needs

Many of you have asked me before if there is anything specific that I/the mission need, and most of the time I can't really think of anything other than the usual list of things we ALWAYS need to fill our warehouses. Now, however, I am writing because I can think of at least 5 specific needs we presently have. Basically, the scoop is that I have been living in the dorm building since mid-April and the plan is to move me into 13b (the back half of the building between the dorm and the office), along with some other rearranging, like moving Pastor Astorga out of the Heimers' house and into 13a. The dorm has been a fine temporary solution, but it can be creepy sometimes by myself and will not be very cost-effective to heat for just me once colder temperatures set in, plus it will be nice to have someplace I can call mine now that I'm going to be here for 2 more years. BUT...my new home needs a few things before it will be liveable:

1. a stove (pretty sure it has to be an electric one)
2. a small refrigerator (there isn't room for a full-sized one)
3. a kitchen table and chairs
4. a large area rug to cover dirty, broken tile in the living room
5. a couch/futon (and maybe a chair or something...basically there is no furniture other than in the bedroom!)
***6. (eventually) a fence and a floodlight for added security

We were really hoping to cross at least one item off the list via the semi-truck of donations that came in from Orphan Grain Train on Friday, but unfortunately we did not. Please get in touch with me if you or anyone you know has any of these things (and a way to get them to El Paso!) or would like to donate towards the purchase of them. Somehow God always provides so I have no doubt that He'll pull through for us this time too, and until then, I am perfectly content to stay where I am!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

tchrchill said…
Makes me sad that we have Chris' furniture -- couch, table, chairs, coffee table, at the house! Unfortunately, no way to get them to you quickly, since my trip at the end of the month will be by air!

I'll check around with people, and see what I can find out! Take care, and I hope you get to move soon. Blessings, Carol (Big Guy's mom! ;-)