September baseball...in Colorado!

Chris and I got back from our third trip to Colorado on Thursday evening. This was without a doubt my favorite one, mainly because the purpose of our trip was because we had tickets to the ENTIRE Cardinals-Rockies weekend series! Before I get to the baseball, though, check out the cool looking storm we drove through on the way there! It really didn't rain very much on the highway but you could tell the mountains were getting slammed.

We also went to the U.S. Mint on Friday afternoon before the games. They don't allow photography, though...or a whole list of other stuff--pretty much you can bring your wallet and car keys...so I don't have any pictures, but we learned lots of cool tidbits about coins (paper money doesn't actually fall under the jurisdiction of the Mint, that's the Bureau of Engraving and Printing's job). It was interesting but I'm still not quite sure why it's apparently Denver's most popular tourist attraction though...it was CRAZY hard to get tickets!


Friday night was a fireworks game. Supposedly our seats were "fireworks obstructed," probably because they were under the overhang at the top of the stadium and they left the lights underneath it on, but as you can see we had a perfectly good view. We sat in front of a couple other Cardinal fans who were actually from NC so they just picked a team...I told them they made a good choice! It only took about half an hour for them to move everyone from centerfield ONTO the actual field so debris didn't fall on them, too.

THESE were our seats for Saturday night's game--LOTS of Cardinal fans were around us b/c we were right behind the Visitors' dugout. It was obviously the best of the 3 games too...because THE CARDS CLINCHED THE DIVISION!!!


Sunday the whole family went--Ken, Carol, Stef, Mike, and Chris & I. Our seats were in right field this time, right next to the bullpens. There was a divider in between them though, so I couldn't really see into the Cardinals.' The Cardinals lost for the 2nd time in exciting fashion, but I saw what I wanted to see the night before so I was happy.

There was NO rooting for the Rockies going on this trip!

Monday and Tuesday we went bike riding around the Cherry Creek Reservoir, went to the movies, got some $1 scoops from Baskin Robbins, relaxed a lot, and worked a little, and then Wednesday, our last day, we drove up to Idaho Springs. We went there on our April trip too, and I ADORED it, so we got some more Colorado style pizza and toured a gold mine that we almost went to the last time but it was closed.



At the very end of the tour they give you a little baggie of sand and let you try your hand at panning for gold. I was so afraid I was going to lose all of mine in the water but I actually found a couple flakes!

This was inside the gift shop...I'm not really sure what we did...

So now we're back in the swing of things in El Paso. I realized that I write a lot of newsletters because that's a lot of what I've been doing this week--mine, YLM's (Stephen handed it off to Chris and I a few weeks ago), San Pablo's (Chris and I are the PR Committee). I also went to the dentist on Monday. Krysia and Stephen recommended him, and he also knew Pastor Heimer...he offered to help us however he could so we're hoping he'll play in our golf tournament on Nov. 2 and maybe even sponsor a hole! I hadn't been in over a year just because I switched insurance since I graduated, but it definitely made the fact that I'm going to be here 2 more years sink in a little more!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments