I've got my head in the clouds!

The June 2011 servant event group from Trinity Lutheran Church in Centralia, IL, painted the entire interior of Iglesia Luterana Santisima Trinidad. Pepe chose beige for the bottom half and blue for the top half of the sanctuary, to mimic land and sky. He also wanted clouds on the triangular sections created on the front and back walls by the peaked roof, but Trinity wound up not having time to add them. So, someone with a pretty flexible schedule who enjoys doing artsy things as a hobby was needed. Know anyone like that?

I sketched outlines first.



Back view, close-up.

What people will see when they walk in.

What people will see as they exit.

Pepe thinks I'm quite the artist. He also pointed out that I've left my mark on the church now, kind of like the lady who painted the murals. I might be leaving in 3 months, but I'll be a part of the congregation in spirit even when I'm gone!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments