My life is exciting!

I have a few other blogs lined up to write, but this one trumps them all. My life just got really exciting!

As you probably know by now, my term here at YLM ends on December 31, 2011. Beyond that, my life is wide open. My degree and the experience I've gained by working at the mission give me a lot of flexibility. The only tie I have is to St. Louis, since that is where I grew up and where my family still lives. Of course I would love to be back there, but I really am very mobile since I do not have a spouse or own a home. Basically I can move anywhere in the world, literally, and do a myriad of different things.

I had to write because I actually have 3 potentials on the horizon right now!

1)Director of Christian Education and Family Ministry at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Weston, FL (near Ft. Lauderdale): a pastor and his wife that attended last year's Conversations in Spanish session got to know me during that week, apparently liked me, and have offered me an interview. Of course I knew my name was in the hat, but I just got the offer to fly down there and interview today. It wouldn't be a synodical call since I don't have the training for that, but they feel that my skills and personality trump that. I would love to be in the church environment and planning/organizing is right up my alley, but I'm not sure how my introvertedness would mesh with such an extroverted position.

(The next 2 are in response to a resume/curriculum vita (CV) that I sent to CPH and LCMS, per a suggestion from someone from my church.)

2)Something with LCMS World Mission in the Dominican Republic! I got a call on Friday from the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, and he seemed very interested in my CV. He basically interviewed me right there in the Phoenix airport on my way from CA to Houston. I don't know the job description yet, but he said they have a very specific position in mind and having my resume/CV passed on to him was a total answer to prayer. He said he was going to contact my references and be in touch. This one would CLEARLY involve Hispanic ministry, but I don't know if I am so gung-ho about moving overseas anymore...

3)Assistant Marketing Manager at CPH in St. Louis. WHILE I was reading over the job description that St. Paul in Weston sent me, I got a phone call from a recruiter with CPH and I have a phone interview tomorrow afternoon! I had actually come across the position before online and didn't think I qualified because I don't have a BS or BA in Business or Marketing or anything, just a minor. However, I do have the fluency in Spanish that is "strongly preferred." I'm also a quick learner ;) This is the one that most intrigues me--using my Spanish working for a Lutheran organization in my hometown--even though there are aspects of it that sound over my head at present.

My life is exciting! Please continue to pray for me as I DISCERN what God's will is for my future!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments