One of those blogs

One of those blogs that gives you a general update on my life as of late...

Job news: The head of the call committee from St. Paul in Weston, FL, contacted me today. First off, they revised the job description to be much more to-the-point. I have until next Wednesday to look it over, because I have a phone interview at 6 pm. They are conducting phone interviews with 3 candidates, after which they will invite 2 of us for in person interviews.

Cardinals: I watched 6 hours of ESPN a week ago Wednesday, the night the Cardinals won the Wild Card by virtue of a win and an ATL loss! IF the Cardinals win game 5 of the NLDS vs. the Phillies tomorrow, game 3 of the NLCS would be next Wednesday, which will hopefully not interfere with the timing of my interview. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch...but we do have the Rally Squirrel!!!

Spanish classes: They are going well, although I haven't had all 4 of my students together in probably a month. It's hard remembering what stage everybody is at, taking into account everyone's different skill levels to begin with and then absences on top of that! It's not a big deal since it's super informal, just an added factor that makes my first ever teaching experience that much more challenging.

Website translation: It's DONE! Have I told you that before? If not...the translation of our website into Spanish is done! There are some odds and ends that will have to be translated separately, but what a huge accomplishment and burden off my shoulders to have 81 pages done! Time to train someone else since I'm not going to be around forever...

Supervisor Letter: this is something new as of yesterday. Per a campus ministry servant event group leader's suggestion, YLM now has a letter, written by us, available, that high school and college students can use as they request time off. There is a link to a PDF it on the "Servant Events" page of our website (in English AND Spanish!), and we will work with all whom it applies to in getting it filled out and signed.

Golf Tournament: YLMHC's 3rd annual Golf Tournament is on Friday 10/28. I don't have a whole lot to do with it, but I am in charge of door prizes. I've been working my way down a humongous list of local restaurants trying to solicit gift certificates that we can raffle off. I've got 6 or 7 so far, and lots more phone calls to make these next couple weeks. Tomorrow afternoon I am picking one up from Cheddar's.

Mariachi Christmas Concert: Mariachi San Pablo is holding a Christmas Concert on 12/17. My original flight home for Christmas was on 12/16, but I changed it to 12/18 so I could go! Thank you Southwest Airlines and your No Change Fees. That's how excited I am about hearing "Carol of the Bells" (new this year!) and more, mariachi style. The concert is going to be combined with a Sunday school Christmas program, with tamales afterward ;)

And that about covers it! I feel like October is kind of dragging; I'm impatiently waiting to hear something from one or another of my job leads and counting down the days until the next servant event arrives on Saturday the 22nd and I'll get to help build a house in Mexico. I hang out in the office mostly, but it's pretty quiet and my inbox only contains 4 messages! I've also been running some in the mornings since it's FINALLY noticeably cooler, getting entirely too good at crossword puzzles, and reading A Wrinkle in Time and the rest of the "Time Quartet" series. Did you know that's where the phrase "It was a dark and stormy night," comes from?

Alright...Women of San Pablo meeting in 15 minutes. Until next time, blessings!

Comments

G. HUBBARD said…
youth today face real daily life questions our free global SPREAD THE WORD TALK WITH THE LORD program inspires daily talks catch they need your help with first question our blogs help g hubbard po box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talk withthelord.blogspot.com/