Surprise...St. Louis!

My apologies for the lack of blogs this month. I suppose not even I have something enlightening to say all the time, although a few job hunt updates did take place this week (one of which involves a surprise trip to STL!) and I have plans today and tomorrow.

I received a call at 7:20 on Wednesday morning regarding the application I filled out for an Administrative Assistant position at the LCMS International Center. When I told the HR lady I was currently in El Paso I was expecting her to suggest a phone or Skype interview, but she asked what the chances were that I could be in St. Louis next week! Later that day I booked some airfare, which LCMS is reimbursing me for. Bonus! I get in Monday night, have my interview (and a test on the Microsoft Office suite) on Tuesday at 9:00 am, get to see my sister play volleyball on Tuesday night, and fly out early Wednesday morning. At least that is my plan right now...although I am keeping a VERY close watch on World Series Game 1 tickets on stubhub.com. They're coming down, so IF the Cards make it and IF tickets get cheap enough I might take advantage of Southwest's No Change Fees to fly back Friday instead...

That night at 6:00 I had an interview with the church in FL that is interested in me for the position of Director of Christian Education and Family Ministry. I talked to them for about an hour and 15 minutes (only missed 3 innings of Game 3--including ALL the scoring--but the Cards won!), and I feel like it was positive. I especially felt that way towards the end, when the conversation became less of an interrogation and more of an informational session on the demographics of the church and community. They are conducting phone interviews with a couple others as well, and from that pool 2 people will be invited to interview in-person. I guess that means more hurry-up-and-wait!

Tonight is our Thrivent chapter's Annual Banquet at a local steakhouse...which also happens to be during a Cards playoff game! I'm on the board though, plus I planned the whole thing, made some posters, and made cookies (gooey butter...these Southwesterners need to experience a St. Louis tradition) for dessert, so I can't very well NOT go. I'll just have to find an outlet for keeping myself updated on the score ;)

Then tomorrow the Women of San Pablo are headed to our Zone Rally. It's taking place in Deming, NM, which is about a 2-hour drive, so we're leaving at 7:30 am. In all honesty I don't know what it's going to be like, but it should be a good time with some wonderful women. You never know, maybe it will inspire a blog sometime next week!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments