A First and a Second

This past Sunday, I presented during Bible class at Trinity Lutheran Church in Gallatin, TN...from my desk at my house in St. Louis...using Skype! It was the FIRST time I shared the story of what God has called me to do in the Dominican Republic without being physically present somewhere. The pastor and I had done a test run earlier in the week, so there were no snafus. I was able to share my screen so they could see my slides and everything. 


I don't think much of my enthusiasm was lost on them: one of the questions I got was "Where do you get your energy from?" I admittedly don't embrace technology as much as some of my Millennial peers, but I'm certainly thankful for the many ways to connect virtually in this day and age. 

I appreciated the folks at Trinity allowing me to be with them in such a way. My nephew's SECOND birthday party was Sunday afternoon; given that my time in the states is dwindling, it was important to me to celebrate the occasion with family & friends. Here's me with the birthday boy, donut crumbs all over his face and all!


Until next time, blessings!

Comments