Back to School

Picking up where my last post left off...

Stop #2: Immanuel Lutheran School in Hamilton, OH (chapel)

My connection was Anna, the CPH intern who stayed with me last summer; she's currently teacher aiding there but plans to go to pastry school in Denver in the fall!


It was Immanuel's last chapel of the school year and doubled as a retirement celebration for the beloved band director, Mr. Williams. He unnecessarily but graciously apologized for overshadowing me when he took the microphone to say a few words at the end.

I had about an hour to kill before lunch, which the school secretary had invited me to stay for, so I sat in on Anna's first grade class. Among other things, they reviewed vocabulary words for an upcoming quiz. One of the words was "inspire," and the teacher, Mrs. Francisco, used me as an example 😊


The school's end-of-year talent show took place while I was in town. I had another engagement that night but was able to sit in on the dress rehearsal. 


I shan't fail to mention the other visits/presentations I made while in the area:

Stop #3: Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Kettering, OH (meeting w/ pastor)

Stop #4: Faith Lutheran Church, Madison, IN (presentation at Council meeting)

Stop #5: Faith Lutheran Church, Greenfield, IN (meeting w/ pastor)

Until next time, blessings!

Comments