Twinkle Winkel

As of last Thursday, I've completed my circuit of circuit and tri-circuit meetings (that I've been invited to as of this writing, anyway): four in MO and one in IL. Last week I attended two, at: 
  • Hope Lutheran Church in St. Louis, MO (I WALKED from my house but had never been there before!)
  • Child of God Lutheran Church in St. Peters, MO
I've seen a handful of direct results come from these in addition to procuring some leads, but mostly I see circuit meetings as an opportunity to efficiently get my name out there and plant seeds that may bear fruit at some point in the future. Many thanks to each of the circuit visitors that allowed me to interrupt their regularly scheduled agendas on moderately short notice!

The pastor who invited me to the one in IL referred to it as a "winkel" numerous times as we went back & forth regarding the details. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I HAD to ask what on earth he was talking about! After consulting with his senior pastor, he shared with me that it's simply a German term meaning "corner," an allusion to how pastors used to huddle in the corner where the pot-bellied stove was to talk theology...and other matters :)

Check it out if you're a word nerd like me: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/winkel. 

On the heels of that conversation, I had to giggle when I saw this on the door at Hope!



Until next time, blessings!

Comments