The Bootheel was Made for Talking

My second presentation of the weekend was Sunday morning at Concordia Lutheran Church in Sikeston, MO, in (or near, depending who you ask) the "bootheel." It was a last minute invitation I received at Thursday's tri-circuit meeting. (Is all this talk about tri-circuit meetings making me sound like a broken record?) When the pastor found out I was going to be down that general direction on Saturday and was still available on Sunday, he snatched me up before anyone else could.

I was given the opportunity to share my presentation during Bible class before worship and to address the congregation briefly after the service. The pastor then invited me to join him in shaking hands with everyone as they exited the sanctuary. Since I was having company over that night and couldn't stick around for throwed rolls at Lambert's, I was sent on my way back to St. Louis with many kind reassurances, pledges of prayerful support, and inklings that some monetary gifts may be headed my way, too. 

I'm grateful for the willingness of the congregation to receive me so warmly on such short notice, and that a spontaneous jaunt south on I-55 fit into my steadily filling schedule. I say often that we missionaries use the F-word (flexibility!!!) regularly...even during network building!

Concordia Lutheran Church in Sikeston, MO

Until next time, blessings!

Comments