O, hi, Ohio!

Another network building trip is in the books as of Friday night. I made a total of five stops in two states: OH and IN.

Checking a new state off my list!

Stop #1: Bethlehem Lutheran Church & School in Fairborn, OH (presentation during Bible class on Sunday; school chapel on Monday)

It was my first school chapel, but I think it went over really well! I risked opening up the floor to questions at the end and was not disappointed. Here's some of the things the students wanted to know:

  • How many planes does it take to get there?
  • How long will you be there?
  • What does your cat look like? 
  • How did you decide to become a missionary?
Monday also happened to be my dad's birthday, so I recorded the entire student body singing "Happy Birthday" and sent him the video!


A former CPH coworker and her husband, Sarah & Fred, were kind enough to let me stay with them for the first half of my trip. We had fun exploring:

Free hats at the Dayton Dragons game. They're a Cincinnati Reds farm club that happened to be playing a Cardinals farm club the night we were there!

Putt-putt and ice cream at Young's Jersey Dairy. 

Hiking at Glen Helen Nature Preserve. 


National Museum of the USAF (above: me exiting the presidential aircraft that was in service when Kennedy was assassinated and LBJ was sworn in mid-flight).  


KitchenAid factory tour! 

The original KitchenAid mixer. 

Concept that would have been WAY too expensive to mass produce but makes for a neat display in the lobby.

The 1,000,000th KitchenAid mixer to come off the assembly line. 

So many colors to choose from! The top three, in order of popularity, are white, black, and silver. 

I'll save the second half of OH/IN for another post. Until next time, blessings!

Comments