Rocky Mountain Rambles


Colorado was like a breath of fresh air - what little of it there is at 5,280 feet, anyway. In between network-building activities, I enjoyed catching up with my cousin at the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, a few Denver-area sights, and staying with the Hills, friends from my Ysleta days that I hadn't seen in seven years.

My Monday morning consisted of meeting with the pastor of Hope Lutheran Church in Aurora, CO. Our hugely thought-provoking discussion centered on the relational heart of missions and the parallels between marketing and missions. Tuesday, I returned to Hope for Matins and to present during Bible class. One of the first people I saw was my friend Anna; she stayed with me last summer while interning at CPH, hosted me when I was in Ohio earlier this summer, and starts pastry school at Johnson & Wales University in September. Neither of us had any idea the other would be there!

Hope Lutheran Church in Aurora, CO.

The USAFA chapel was closed, but even the exterior is impressive! 

The Hills & I went to the Play Ball! exhibit at the History Colorado Center on Wednesday. Coincidentally, it was the final day that a rare, mint-condition 1952 Mickey Mantle card was on display; it's insured for $12 million and arrived via armored car!



Thursday evening, the Hills, members of Our Father Lutheran Church in Centennial, CO, opened up their home for a "meet and greet." OFLC had already signed on to be one of my supporting congregations, so I was thankful for a forum in which a handful of members could put a face to a name. 



Exploring downtown Denver after lunch and before my flight to Las Vegas, the final stop on my two-week loop, on Friday afternoon. 

Until next time, blessings!

Comments