Sweet Home Alabama

Another new state: Alabama! I got up at 3:30 am EST on Friday 6/29 to catch an early morning flight from Richmond to Birmingham. My friends Chris & Linda - and their 15 month old son - picked me up from the airport. Linda and I went to high school together, and Chris is the pastor of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Cullman - the reason I headed from the south to the deep south. I stayed in their guest room, complete with king-sized bed and en suite bathroom. Throw in the match-y towels and travel size toiletries and maybe I should have called this post "Suite" Home Alabama. I felt like I was at a hotel.

St. Paul's was my Sunday morning engagement, but I also made presentations on Saturday morning and Sunday evening. Here's a pictorial look at all three stops:

First Lutheran Church in Birmingham, AL, where I was treated to breakfast from Chick-fil-A and then proceeded to spend an hour and a half talking with the pastor and a small group of members. 

Rev. Tommy Lampella & I. 

First has the same picture of "the boss" that Mission Central does!

St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Cullman, AL. 

Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Gardendale, AL. The pastor told me it wound up being a "bad" night, but I disagree despite the fact that we were joined by just one member. I loved our intimate conversation and look forward to pinpointing a long-term partnership opportunity for them. 

I flew home on Monday afternoon, but not before a walk through of the Ave Maria Grotto...



...and a stop at Sportsman Lake Park to play on the shaded part of the playground and feed the ducks and geese. 

It was a treat to be home for Independence Day in the US of A before hitting the road again for 2+ weeks. I'll do my best to keep pace with my posts so you know where I've been, where I am, and where I'm headed. 

Until next time, blessings!

Comments