Sale Away

I have not slowed down since I got "home" (I'm staying with my parents from now until I leave) from Las Vegas last Sunday night. One of the week's major tasks was to get ready for yesterday's moving sale. I thought I was going to be scrambling on Thursday and Friday, but my family is amazing and got a huge head start while I was away on my July loop. I didn't do much other than price things, really. I'd consider myself a minimalist when it comes to material belongings and was consequently amazed at the enormity of even that task. 

I owe a shout out to my family for their help on sale day, too, along with so many others. The first shopper arrived before 7 am, so it was an early morning. Here are some shots from the day: 

Everything was arranged so that customers entered through the garage and exited through the front door, right past a lemonade and treats stand that a friend of mine and her 4 yr. old son held!


 In addition to signs like these at each end of my street, I advertised on Facebook, craigslist, and Nextdoor. 

At the end of the day, I was pretty pleased, although I was expecting more of a crowd early on and I do wish more of my big ticket items had sold. I listed a few pieces on Facebook marketplace (my childhood dollhouse, a matching sofa/loveseat, and an entertainment center) and will most likely end up donating the rest to a charity that offers free pick-up. I listed a computer desk, too, but it was spoken for within 30 minutes. I was hesitant to mark it sold in case something falls through, but I did so people would stop inquiring. I couldn't have my phone keep dinging; I needed to be rested for speaking at church on Sunday morning and a farewell open house in the afternoon. More on those soon. 

Until next time, blessings! 

Comments