Map Maker, Map Maker, Make me a Map

If you guessed a world map...you're right. 


The idea was planted when Tirzah mentioned wanting to paint a map on the wall of her new apartment shortly after she moved in...in August...even though she has yet to do it! I've been dragging my feet since having the walls of both guest rooms painted light gray in September, but a week off work stuck in the city made me pull the trigger. Holy Wednesday was the day. I turned to Courtney, never one to turn down the chance to pick up a brush, for help. 

I connected my phone to the office projector using a QR code (who knew it was so high-tech?!), and we started by tracing the outlines of the shapes, contorting ourselves into odd angles at times to avoid blocking the light. 

There was never a question in my mind that it was going to be white. Two coats!


Contemplating our handiwork, we realized there were no Caribbean islands, so as a finishing touch, I freehanded Cuba and Hispaniola. There's also a mysterious extra island southeast of Greenland...

All in all, it took us about five hours (although I did leave for an hour or so to go pick up my car from its 55,000km maintenance appointment). I might add a Bible verse (2 Timothy 2:9 down the west coast of the Americas?) or thumbtacks with strings leading to photos of places I've visited, but for now, I'm in love! I keep wandering into the guest room that doubles as my home office like I'm checking whether or not the map is really still there, in my house. 

Who's ready for a Zoom meeting with me? 

Until next time, blessings!

Comments