Sister of the Bride

This space is one to share life with you, my faithful readers: friends, supporters, prayer warriors, and encouragers. Oftentimes ministry is very much intertwined in that, but in this instance, allow me a brief, celebratory personal note: my sister, Kara, is engaged! 

It feels strange to type that, but she is 25, after all. Her fiancĂ©e Christian proposed 2/10. (I give him mad props for NOT succumbing to a clichĂ© and doing it four days later on Valentine's Day.) He's an Iowa native, one of six siblings, and a laser technician by trade; I still don't know what that means other than he does NOT play laser tag all day. They met online shortly after he moved to St. Louis for work, and she's been his world - and tour guide for all the best the Lou has to offer - since their first date in December 2021. 

I was honored when she asked me to be her maid of honor! I'm an old hat at the long-distance MOH gig thing, but "dress shopping" via FaceTime is just not the same :/

There's an adorable box of Cricut-personalized swag awaiting me next time someone travels here from St. Louis. 

Kara has about 90% of the wedding planned, even though her wedding website confirms there are "435 DAYS TO GO!" until June 1, 2024...which happens to be the day after the DR seminary's 2024 theological symposium. Let the record show that I gave the planning committee more than a year of notice that I won't be there!

Until next time, blessings in Christ!

Comments