Happy New Year!

Well it's 2010 now, a new decade! This morning before we left for Anapra with the group of 36 from Mayer Lutheran High School in Mayer, MN, I wrote 1/1/10 on the van mileage log. Honestly, I didn't even stay up until midnight; building 3 houses in a week is exhausting! I'm not going to bother making a resolution this year either since my goal of actually drinking the recommended daily amount of water everyday was a complete fail, but I am going to read the entire Bible for the 3rd time in 2010. If you're wondering, I'll be reverting back to the plan I followed 2 years ago (http://www.oneyearbibleonline.com/), that includes OT, NT, Psalms, and Proverbs everyday, but I'm going to set down my trusty Concordia Self-Study Bible and read The Message. If you're not familiar with that, it's the Bible in "contemporary language." I did today's reading before dinner, and I can already tell that some of it I'm going to love, and some of it is going to make me mad because it's not going to be how certain things should sound. It's too early to make many more judgements than that, but I'll keep you posted. For now, I'm off to join Mayer for devotions...and tomorrow we finish all 3 houses!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

tchrchill said…
You're exactly right about The Message. Some of it you will love, and even laugh out loud. But other parts, you'll be yearning and thinking back to remember how the words have been in your head all these years. You'll see! But I'm glad you're reading The Message version. I'm hoping to read Santa Biblia this year! Happy New Year!!
Unknown said…
good luck!!! I think I'll try again with reading that too!!