Don't Forget Fall

Happy September! Today's high was 85, but I have decided that it's the official start of fall in Santiago. 

Given that the first signs of Christmas will start popping up in a month or so, can I please just have the next 30 days to celebrate the pumpkin-y, apple-y, cinnamon-y goodness that is my favorite season? 

It's not much, but I set out my pumpkin candleholder and ceremoniously lit the pumpkin spice candle I spontaneously bought the other day for the first time. 



OK - full disclosure - I only lit the candle for the above picture. I didn't need to light it, since my house already smelled amazing on account of my contribution to tonight's all-team BBQ: cast iron skillet Pumpkin Pie Crisp. New recipe ;)



September also brings another Bible lettering challenge my way. Somehow, it's been FIVE MONTHS since the one I did in April. It wasn't always easy or even enjoyable for me then, but I feel such a sense of accomplishment at having conquered it, and the finished product adorning my 2nd floor landing brings me so much joy whenever I come upstairs. The best part might be the fellowship with sisters in Christ across the region who'll be doing it with me. It's fun seeing so many different takes on the same words (our artist-in-residence already set the bar high by lettering today's verse on a rock!) aaaaaaaand keeps me accountable. Speaking of which, I don't want to start off the month by getting behind...

Until next time, blessings!

Comments