Costume Change!

Yesterday was a packed, but wonderful day. But, to pull a couple terms from theater lingo, I could have used a dresser to help with some quick changes - someone to help me pull off rapid costume switches between distinct events that called for wildly different attire. 

At 6 am, I changed out of my PJs and into athletic shorts, a lightweight tee, and running shoes for a 4 mi. run. Training started this week for the November 28 half marathon I signed up for!

Costume change! 

I needed to look nice for taking these lovelies, three of the four Warren ladies, to tea at the London Tea Room. 


We didn't just drink tea and eat delectable pastries; we held Poetry Teatime, a beloved homeschool tradition from the Warrens' time in the DR, in style. 



Costume change! 

I convened as many of my high school friends as I could for a casual afternoon at Des Peres Park. 


Between spouses and kids, the group has grown significantly. While the kids played on the playground with token parent or two chaperoning, the rest of us chatted away like old times. 


Costume change! 

I brought a change of clothes - and deodorant - with me and did a literal quick change in the bathroom at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Des Peres, adjacent to the park, so I looked presentable for my first of five "Mission Minutes," before the 5:00 pm Saturday service. I'd later give the same spiel today before the 8:00, 9:30, and both 10:45 am Sunday services. (Yes, I could have put the dress I wore to tea back on, but being the planner I am, I packed a bag with a skirt and top before I even left for tea.)

Costume change! 

I stopped by my parents' house to really clean up before meeting up with my cousin, aunt, and uncle to see my cousin's new apartment and go to dinner. (Yes, I could have put the dress I wore to tea back on, but I was on a roll so why stop?)

Costume change!

PJs!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments