That Dam FORO

Even with multiple days of being "on" pre-FORO, or perhaps because of them, it was a dam good FORO. 

...as in, Friday's cultural excursion was to a dam. After scoping it out during Holy Week, I knew it'd be a winner, and it was. 

I warned everyone they'd probably want closed-toed shoes. 

Jessi (Trinity, Davenport, IA), me, Becca, and Kris (Zion, Nampa, ID) on 1 of 3 boats that took us across the lake. 

Group pic after a delicious buffet lunch. 

Saturday is always the longest day of the DR FORO, but I inevitably learn something I didn't know even though I live there and leave so encouraged by how God is blessing the efforts of missionary colleagues and national workers alike. 


One of the tasks I usually do in preparation for a FORO is assigning interpreters for each session...oftentimes including myself. 

Our partners support and care for us in so many ways...including feeding us yummy Italian food!

FORO partners worshipped together at Iglesia Luterana Pueblo Nuevo; I went to my own church but met up with them and the rest of the DR lead team for pica pollo and a candid budget discussion. 

The climax of the weekend came later that afternoon when the Rev. Ted Krey installed the Rev. Sergio Fritzler as Concordia the Reformer Seminary's new director. 


Pastor Fritzler's first official duty was to declare the 7th academic year open. Rev. Idjon Fritz did likewise for Escuela Luterana Concordia, imploring God's blessing upon the staff. 

We *heart emoji* our partners and hope to see them all at the next DRLM FORO, March 8-10 (well, my colleagues do...I'll be on home service!). 

Until next time, blessings in Christ!

Comments