Spring break for me!

The last group of the busy spring season left on Friday morning so it's my turn for spring break now! They were from Lincoln, NE, and worked on 3 different homes in Sparks, including the Morales trailer. It looks AMAZING now because it got painted when Mt. Prospect was here and then these guys built them a new porch and fixed the plumbing so that both hot AND cold water run to the entire trailer! Here's a picture:

And just for kicks here are some more of my amiguita and I:



The Trinity group actually turned out to be a great transition into a little bit of downtime because they had a lot of experience and very high standards, so Chris and I didn't need to be there ALL the time and could get some work accomplished in the office. What am I going to do for the next month or month and a half-ish though, since there aren't any more groups that I'm going to be around for until May?

1. Go to Colorado for Easter! Chris is from the Denver area so we're leaving on Friday and heading up there for a few days--it's about a 9 hour drive. We already have tickets for 2 Rockies games!

2. General office stuff like answering e-mails and phone calls, getting ahead on making schedules for the summer groups, entering checks that come in into my cash flow spreadsheet, etc.

3. Helping Chris research foundations and write grant proposals since I am his unofficial Development Assistant.

4. Finishing up some work in Sparks with Chris on our own (I get to learn how to install a sink and brace a floor) and/or spending time with some of the families there we are super-close to--we took Junior Morales a birthday cake on Friday night because he was turning 8 (we took them a whole bunch of food from the West TX Food Bank too...I learned for the millionth time that I LOVE my job because it made their day or maybe their week and I thought Maria was kidding when she said we were going to finish the whole cake but she definitely wasn't) and they came to church with us again on Sunday.

5. RELAX! "Spring break" has a different meaning at the mission because it doesn't mean I get time off, it means a whole bunch of people come down here because they get time off. So, much as I adore working with groups, it is nice to have more free time to read, work on my scrapbook, try fun new recipes, walk, do crosswords, watch baseball (GO CARDS...OPENING DAY IS TODAY!!!), etc.

That should about cover it. Well, back to watching the Cardinals game on mlb.com's Gameday...

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

chill said…
Tis very good to relax. CO is gonna be great. We should get that sink in for sure pretty soon. I'm fired up that the rockies couldn't hold a lead and that the cards don't have a closer, but oh well, there is still 161 games left. :)
Unknown said…
Enjoy your slow time.... i only wish that you ummm easter time was to be spent in good old missouri with me instead of colorado. Sniff sniff.... have fun though.
Call me during one of your down moments so we can catch up
Love you!
Kelley