Wedding #2

AAAAAHHHHH!!! My best friend from highschool, Marie, is married!!! It's crazy to think about sometimes, but that's beside the point. I am so incredibly happy for her and her husband, Philip, and, as you will see below, they had a beautiful ceremony which took place on Saturday, August 29 in Columbia, MO. I was priveleged to be Marie's maid of honor. I flew home on Monday the 24th, and after having some friends from church over for dinner and getting my dress altered that evening, I hitched a ride to CoMo with Marie's mom on Tuesday afternoon. Up until a couple weeks ago when I stayed at Chris's parents' house the week before his sister's wedding, I wasn't sure what we were going to do all week...that quickly changed! Stef kept the whole household busy, and Marie was no different. We spent the week shopping for thank-you gifts (Marie had a LOT of people to thank), WRAPPING all of the gifts we bought, packing (Marie and Philip are moving to California on September 11 so Philip can continue his schooling), and assorted other things, like picking out all of the pink Hershey kisses, pink pastel mints, and watermelon Jolly Ranchers b/c Marie hates pink! Starting with the bachelorette party on Thursday night, though, it was nothing but party time...

Friday morning I got my first ever manicure and pedicure--French tips on my fingernails and a pearly color that you can't really see in this picture on my toes. Marie's were bright green...her favorite color!

The whole gang lookin' good!

Philip and Marie at the rehearsal dinner, which was held at Le Bourgoise winery just outside of Columbia.

Sister picture! Philip has 3 sisters, and it was a big debate whether to make Marie #4 or #1.5 based on where she fell in the birth order. They finally decided on #4 and they made her a shirt!

Marie's family.


Marie and I.

The bistro where we ate--the food was sooooo good, especially dessert!

Philip and Marie got to choose a red, a white, and a dessert wine to go with the meal; the dessert wine had these way cool labels on it!

Wedding day! The hairdresser arrived at 8:30 and I was first! She had this insane ability to make everyone look like they had way more hair than they actually did.

Doing the bride's hair!

Attaching the veil--Marie also wore a tiara and the hairdresser glued pearls around it...who knew you could do that?

I am very glad that Marie's friend Rachel went with her to her final dress fitting and knew how to do all of this...29 buttons AFTER it's all laced up!

Isn't she gorgeous???

Especially with the green toes ;)



The first dance: "Everything" by Michael Buble.

Father-daughter dance: "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts.

Mother-son dance: "What a Wonderful World."


Yeah LHSS class of 2005!!!!





The getaway car...FILLED to the brim with blue and green balloons and then decorated with flour and BBQ sauce...gross!!!

The loot: add that to a whole pile of stuff that arrived by mail before the wedding and I guess that's what you get when you invite 532 people! Marie's grandma decided that they are going to need a 2nd apartment just for kitchen things.

Philip was very excited that at least one of the presents was manly!

(Of course the photographer has a bazillion more way better pictures; I'll put the link on here once they're up and I get the password from Marie.)

So right now they're on their honeymoon. Philip didn't tell Marie where they were going until Monday morning when they left; I was dying to know so thankfully she called me and said, "We're in Cancun!" Then I think I already mentioned that it's off to Riverside, California when they get back...hopefully I will get to go visit them sometime because even though it is still 11 hours away, it's closer to El Paso than Columbia!

I also have good news and bad news. Bad first: Enrique's condition is deteriorating--he was't supposed to make it through Sunday night, but he keeps beating odds left and right, and a few of us from the mission were able to go see him yesterday. Keep praying! OK now the good...I found out a few days ago that my whole family is coming down here to spend Thanksgiving with me!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

tchrchill said…
Sure glad we were able to give you some practice before Marie's wedding! Told you there'd be plenty to do!

And, as for your family coming to see you for Thanksgiving -- I thought they were coming to see me and my church group!

Praying daily for Enrique and his family!!!