When Setbacks Inevitably Occur

I feel like most of the time I write about positive, exciting things on here. However, I want my blog to be a place where I can share whatever I'm feeling at the moment, and currently that's frustrated. I want someone to tell me why I feel like a whole bunch of groups have canceled recently due to not having "enough" people, which doesn't even really make sense to me because we (and God) can use however many people groups are able to put together; sometimes smaller is even better. Without even really thinking very hard, I listed off five groups earlier when I was venting to Chris that were either penciled in or booked, predominately in March, and are no longer on the schedule for 2010. I could probably come up with more if I tried. Spring break season looks a little pathetic in all honesty.

Please don't read more into this than is necessary. I still love what I do, and I don't mean any disrespect to the groups that ARE coming in the next few weeks--I'm actually really excited to work with all of them. I also understand and sympathize with those groups that struggled so much with recruiting bodies that they made the decision not to come; I think I just needed to vent some more.

The first support-raising letter I wrote in like August 2008 or somewhere in there included the line, "Pray that joys would outweigh frustrations and that God would grant patience and flexibility to all when setbacks inevitably occur,"...please keep 'em coming!!!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

adelantegirl said…
So true. Thanks for being real! We'll just have to keep praying God will bring those to YLM that He wants to be here, and in His perfect time.
Carrie said…
Don't be frustrated E-mac!! It'll all work out in God's timing. And who knows, these next few groups that come may be your favorite of all time! I'll be praying for you!
tchrchill said…
Well, here's some good news. We just may get a SMALL group together for "our" week in June. And we're all excited to work on some of those mission projects if needed. Don't put it in ink, yet .. but God is at work, and I'm just sayin'.... and prayin'! Blessings, Carol