The Year of the Mission Building

According to the Chinese it's the Year of the Tiger, but according to us it's the Year of the Mission Building. One of our goals for 2010, with servant events and otherwise, is to identify our biggest priorities and then actually TACKLE them. We are discovering that most of those "biggest priorities" are right here on the mission's campus! Two weeks ago building #3 (currently Chris's house) got a new roof, last week Monday when his mom was in town for the board meeting the 3 of us scrubbed mold off his bathroom wall and then painted it "Blonde Beauty," and then on Tuesday and Wednesday it was #13b(currently my apartment)'s turn. The project was a new floor in the living room/kitchen/hallway. The old linoleum, although it wasn't necessarily bothering me, was broken and stained in several areas, so Stephen had added it to Dave and Paige's project list. Before laying the new tile, they peeled up the linoleum and did a LOT of prep work on the subfloor (screwing down warped boards, filling in low spots with leveler, etc.) and it shows! Here is the final product:

Kitchen.

Hallway...probably one of my favorite parts of the job, since before the little area right in front of my bedroom door (at the top of this picture) was different from the rest of the floor but now it's all uniform.

Living room.

Saturday morning I deep cleaned the WHOLE apartment before I put it all back together after having to move a bunch of stuff into my bedroom, so here are the same 3 views after I vacuumed my rugs and put them back in place.



It's difficult to take good pictures of Freddy since he doesn't usually sit still unless he is asleep...

...but he told me he loves his new floor too. After all, he spends more time on it than I do!

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

Carrie said…
Awww he does look like Wally! If Wally liked other four-legged creatures...and if you weren't a bajillion miles away...they could totally have a cousin playdate or something. BTW...is that a yoga blanket I see in one of your pics? :-P