You Alone Make Me Dwell in Safety

My Thursday looked like this:
  1. weekly Puerto Rico team meeting
  2. weekly Regional team meeting
  3. Quick touch-base with Seminary directory Joel to finalize the invitation for CMSCR's 2nd annual theological symposium in May
  4. Discussion re: the guest list for said theological symposium
  5. Brainstorming session re: activities for the missionary women at this year's regional conference

A relaxing ladies' night with colleagues and friends was a welcome conclusion to that marathon of one thing after another. We gathered at the Fritsche home for fellowship, snacks, and to learn from one another. Clarion opened us with the song "Amigos de Cristo." Christel had prepared a devotion on Psalm 4, a vespertine Psalm (good for reading before bed!) written by David after one of his sons had murdered another. His reputation would have been at stake and there would have been a target on his back, which adds layers of meaning to the last verse (emphasis added): 

Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
    You have given me relief when I was in distress.
    Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!

O men, how long shall my honor be turned into shame?
    How long will you love vain words and seek after lies? 
But know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him.

Be angry, and do not sin;
    ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. 
Offer right sacrifices,
    and put your trust in the Lord.

There are many who say, “Who will show us some good?
    Lift up the light of your face upon us, O Lord!”
You have put more joy in my heart
    than they have when their grain and wine abound.

In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
    for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

We continued meditating on David's words by decorating themed notecards. Lizz taught us two ways to create an ombre effect using watercolors. Alba suggested alternative uses for colored pencils. 


Lizz's encore was an introduction to her famous lettering (check out her Etsy shop!). The unifying factor among the three mediums is that all could be used in Bible journaling, a bandwagon I have yet to jump on.  


I liked my second watercolor better than the first, and lettering was a struggle even though it's different from calligraphy in that there are no rules; colored pencils were more my speed. In anticipation of a long day with an early start on Friday (more on that soon), I took my so-so creations and my adorable succulent party favor home to lie down and sleep in peace not long after we closed with a reprise of our opening song.

Until next time, blessings!

Comments