Together in Spirit [Week]

It's the last day of spirit week in LAC. Yep, just like the days leading up to those pep rallies in grade school and high school: a different dress-up prompt each day, with photos shared throughout the day on our regional WhatsApp group and PRIZES! I'm in the running for a special drawing tonight after participating all 5 days:

Monday: Sports Day. GO CARDS! (It was too hot to wear my Cardinals scarf, fuzzy socks, and scarf or snuggle up with my Cardinals blanket). 

Tuesday: Twin Day. Rest in Christ. Repeat. 

Wednesday: Marvel/Disney/book Character Day. Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to work we go!

Thursday: Mismatch Day. Hmmmmm, does this go together?

And today, Friday: Decade Day. Because I don't have access to the closet in my parents' basement to recreate these gems from almost exactly 7 years ago...

...who's with me for some Richard Simmons? 

I was blown away by the creativity and enthusiasm of my colleagues. I'm sure there's some sort of lesson in all of this about drawing on resources at your disposal in the midst of challenging times, and I've rarely seen people more engaged in uplifting back and forth dialogue. My phone kept dinging with compliments and strings of laughing emojis, clapping hands, and hearts. I'm hopeful that there's a round 2 (or something similar) on the horizon, but we can rejoice in our togetherness any day of any week without digging deep into the recesses of our closets. 

The publicity flyer featured 2 Timothy 1:7:

...for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

There's a lot of fear right now, but it doesn't have to dominate our hearts and minds. For example, instead of hoping I scrub off every last germ while washing my hands, I can remember by Baptism into the body of Christ that unites me with Him and every other baptized member of that same body! Now, I suppose I could  find some Richard Simmons on YouTube, but I think I'll go for a walk instead ;)

Until next time, blessings!

Comments