Temporarily Relocating

I'm not moving :)

Buuuuuuuuut...I'm temporarily relocating :(

I'll transition to a soon-to-be-vacated mission apartment in early July, head to Punta Cana and then on to the US for home service on August 2, and return to my temporary apartment until my landlord is ready to draft a new contract for "my" house. She continues to say the remodel will take an estimated "4 months," which would mean early November. 

It's essentially the same news that I was overjoyed about last Saturday yet a difficult pill to swallow for 2 reasons. 
  1. Early last week, there was a small chance my landlord would find another place to live during the remodel. Ever the optimist, I clung firmly to this. 
  2. My original conception of "temporarily relocating" has been rocked to its core. I will not be leaving wall hangings up and stowing some select off-limits items in one of the spare bedrooms. Rather, I'll be emptying the house completely and stripping it of fixtures (appliances, air conditioners, even fans) that belong to the mission, which is likely most of them. 
I turned down a beach day on Saturday because I felt like I needed the weekend to internalize what's ahead, make a list, and take a few baby...and I mean baby...steps. 



When faced with a challenging situation, it's helpful to draw on one's success in overcoming a similar situation in the past. As I add to the piles above, I'm recalling packing to move here. I dodged heaps of my belongings for a much longer period then and lived to tell about it. Moreover, this time is that I don't have to make any emotionally-charged decisions about what to keep - it's ALL coming with me!

Your continued prayers throughout this season - and it is a season - are appreciated. I'm an a-place-for-everything-and-everything-in-its-place girl; being uprooted is going to cause a base level of anxiety I'll just have to live with. I'm also taking a calculated risk in opting to wait out my landlord's remodel instead of house hunting for somewhere to make a fresh start. To me, though, returning to where I know I feel safe and comfortable validates the chaos of a few nomadic months. Knowing what I know about how things work here, 4 could turn into ~more~ but the optimist in me hopes that by...my birthday? Thanksgiving? Christmas?...I'll be saying Hogar, Dulce Hogar

Until next time, blessings!

Comments

Flossinmom said…
I'll pray for your temporary transitions. Acceptance is key, no matter where God leads. Hugs!