Halfway to 70

I was lovingly reminded on the eve of Friday, my birthday, that I'm now halfway to 70. You do the math. 

It was a workday, but I don't typically get around to my inbox on Fridays until after a double dose of Bible studies. The first is more of a book discussion and takes place in person, at my friend & fellow missionary Erica's house. Courtney brought cookies to celebrate. Shhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone the "candle" that Erica's daughter Sophie helped me blow out is a toothpick. 


That evening, six of us missionary ladies went out for wine + tapas at a new (to me) place - my favorite kind. The other half of the same establishment is a coffee shop. 




Thank you, God, for another year of Kingdom service, for these sweet friends, and for all those who sent Facebook messages, WhatsApps, and texts throughout the day. I am truly blessed!

Until next time, blessings!

P.S. When a good chunk of your birthday presents are Christmas ornaments...

Comments