Two Words


Before I shift gears to November's escapades, one final word on home service (OK, two): thank you. 

One does not drive 4,438 miles in 4 rental cars, sleep in 15 beds, and give 22 presentations and 8 school chapels without a village. Because I had the chance to thank many of you in person but certainly not all, and because many of us will pause in a few weeks to reflect on thankfulness or maybe already are, here goes. 

Thank you for interrupting your regularly scheduled Bible class or chapel pericope to accommodate my presentation. 

Thank you for honoring my limited Sundays by planning a midweek event. 

Thank you for including my visit in your verbal/printed/email announcements. 

Thank you for inserting my prayer card into your bulletins. 

Thank you for setting up tables, chairs, screens, and projectors. 

Thank you for running my PowerPoint slides. 

Thank you for making/ordering coffee, lemonade, sandwiches, pizza, finger foods, cookies, brownies, bars, and all other goodies not named here. 

Thank you for your tech support. 

Thank you for opening your home to me. 

Thank you for making sure I had enough blankets. 

Thank you for washing and drying (!!!) the sheets and towels, and sometimes, my clothes. 

Thank you for the WiFi password. 

Thank you for taking me out for breakfast/brunch/lunch/coffee/dinner/ice cream/drinks. 

Thank you for showing me around your town. 

Thank you for the homemade meals. 

Thank you for sending me on my way, oftentimes at the crack of dawn or well after dusk, with road snacks. 

Thank you for not judging me when I accidentally threw TP in the trash can (not that you would have known...). 

Thank you for the late nights of board games, wine, movies, and conversation. 

Thank you for giving me alone time. 

Thank you for letting me cuddle your kitties when I was missing Freddy. 

Thank you for recommending running paths even I couldn't get lost on. 

Thank you for dropping me off and picking me up. 

Thank you for not losing me when I followed you. 

Thank you for being patient when plans came together on island time and flexing when they changed midstream. 

And, as always, thank you for your prayers, notes/letters/cards/texts/care packages/Facebook messages/smoke signals of encouragement, and sacrificial gifts. I get to do the best job in the world because of you. 

Until next time, blessings!

Comments